1.How many guests does the venue hold?
Inside, the venue is limited to about 150-200 depending on table layout. Our venue is all on one level so everyone feels included!
2. How much is the deposit and is it refundable?
Our "Save The Date" fee is 300.00 and is applied to your balance. In the wedding industry, DJ's, caterers, venues and photographers packages are traditionally non-refundable and require a signed contract to book the date so take your time with this big decision.
3. What type of tables do you have (shape, size)?
Currently, we offer 15 60” round tables and 2 rectangle tables at no additional charge.
4.How long do we have at the venue?
Everyone is welcome from 10:00am til 11:00pm. Additional time is available.
5. How many restrooms are there?
1 men and 1 womens. The men have 2 stalls and the ladies have 3. One dressing suite has her own personal restroom.
6. If an outdoor venue: Is there a backup plan for rain?
In case of rain, we offer a gorgeous pavilion as a backup plan.
7. Is the venue child friendly? What facilities are available for entertaining children?
Yes, although we do not offer any child care during the events. Most couples provide entertainment or a sitter during the event.
8. Can the venue accommodate a DJ or live band? Are there any restrictions?
Yes! We welcome DJ’s and live bands and provide dedicated outlets for their equipment.
9.Do you have a sound system with speakers, or will that need to be rented?
We offer a small sound system but, you are welcome to outsource equipment for music.
10.Do you have microphones for speeches?
We do not offer microphones but, our equipment has an outlet for a mic.
11. Can I hook an iPod or laptop up to your sound system?
Absolutely! Customize your event by providing your music favorites.
12. Is there a required/preferred vendor list to stick to? Can we use other vendors?
We are very flexible here at Greystone Mill. You are welcome to bring in the caterers of your choice or self cater and serve family favorites.
13. Are tables, linens, chairs, plates, silverware, and glassware provided, or will we have to rent them or get them through our caterer?
We offer tables and chairs. Table linens are available to rent through a local company for an amazing discount. Just mention your event is at Greystone Mill. We don’t provide dishes or serving ware.
14.Is there an option for a dinner the night before or a brunch the day after?
We offer the facility for other events before and after the wedding. It's very common to rent 2 days. One day can be used to decorate and rehearse and the other for your wedding.
15.When can we get access to the space to decorate/set up?
You can start as early as 10:00 am the day of the event. If you need early access, let us know. For a minimal charge, you can start decorating early.
16. Can we use candles?
No, sorry but, you can use flameless candles that operate on a small battery that lasts for hours and never need relit. Open flames of any kind are not allowed including heaters, grills, fireworks, sparklers etc.
17. Are there any suites or private rooms available to get ready?
Yes, Greystone Mill offers multiple dressing rooms.
18. Can the wedding party get ready at the venue?
Yes! There’s plenty of room for everyone!
19.We want a winter wedding. Can we use heaters in the barn.
Heaters are not allowed in the barn/pavilion. Please do not book the venue in anticipation of setting up any type of heaters. The pavilion is a barn like structure with a wooden floor. The pavilion, water wheel and other amenities are "weather permitting".
20. Do you have wifi?
No, sorry. Due to security issues, we do not offer free wifi.
21. How good is your cell phone reception.
We are in a great area of town and have excellent coverage by all major carriers.
22. Are you easy to find?
Absolutely! We are located close to town and close to amenities.
23. Do you have places for us to take wedding pictures?
We work closely with several photographers to provide you some fantastic photo opportunities. We have numerous photo props as well as landscaping and backgrounds to capture those special moments.
24. Do you serve alcohol?
We do not serve or sell alcohol but, you can serve alcohol to your guests.
25. Is there a caterers kitchen?
We have a prep kitchen that you or your caterer are welcome to use.