June 8, 2020
We covered so much in the initial tour. We know it can be hard to remember everything we talked about. Most couples who tour the venue bring a notebook or use their phone to take notes. If you didn't take notes, no worries! To avoid any confusion, we decided to create a blog covering some of the most commonly asked questions about the venue and our policies. Have a question? Call your wedding planner or see if we've answered it here. If you don't see the answer, check your contract. Still no answer? Send us a quick email. We will find the answer for you. We want the planning process to be as painless as possible.
1. How many guests does the venue hold? Inside, the venue is limited to about 125-150 for a wedding reception and up to 200 for other types of events.
2. Isn't there a fire code?
YES! The setup you see when you tour the venue is the "Fire Code" approved table layout. Your wedding planner you hire, should be knowledgeable with state and local ordinances.
3. What type of tables do you have (shape, size)? Currently, we offer 15- 60” round tables and 2- 8' rectangle tables at no additional charge. The height is a standard 29 inches. There are a few other decorative tables that we try to keep on hand. Their availability as well as sizes vary.
4. How long do we have at the venue? Everyone is welcome from 10:00am til 11:00pm on the day of your event. Additional time is available and overages will be deducted from the escrow.
5. How many restrooms are there? 1 men and 1 womens. The men have 2 stalls and the ladies have 3. The bride has her own personal restroom.
6. If an outdoor venue: Is there a backup plan for rain? In case of rain, we offer a gorgeous pavilion as a backup plan. We don't recommend using the pavilion in winter months unless weather permits. Due to Insurance reasons, heaters are not allowed.
7. Is the venue child friendly? What facilities are available for entertaining children? Yes, although we do not offer any child care during the events. Most couples provide entertainment or a sitter during the event. Adult only events are popular but, that choice is up to you.
8. Can the venue accommodate a DJ or live band? Are there any restrictions? We welcome DJ’s and live bands and provide dedicated outlets for their equipment.
9. Do you have a sound system with speakers, or will that need to be rented? We offer a small sound system which is great for light background music. You can also use it for toasts and announcements but, in no way does it replace a live DJ.
10. Do you have microphones for speeches? No, we do not offer microphones but, our equipment has an outlet for a mic.
11. Can I hook an iPod or laptop up to your sound system? Absolutely! Customize your event by providing your music favorites.
12. Is there a required/preferred vendor list to stick to? Can we use other vendors? We are very flexible here at Greystone Mill. You are welcome to bring in the caterers of your choice or self cater and serve family favorites. In exchange we ask you to provide event insurance to protect you and the venue from liability.
13. Are tables, linens, chairs, plates, silverware, and glassware provided, or will we have to rent them or get them through our caterer? We only offer tables and chairs. We don’t provide dishes, table linens or serving ware.
14. Is there an option for a dinner the night before or a brunch the day after? Sure! It's very common to rent 2 days. One day can be used to decorate and rehearse and the other for your wedding.
15.When can we get access to the space to decorate/set up? You can start as early as 10:00 am the day of the event. If you need early access, let us know. For a minimal charge, you can start decorating early.
16. Are there any suites or private rooms available to get ready? Yes, Greystone Mill offers multiple dressing rooms.
17. Can the wedding party get ready at the venue? Yes! There’s plenty of room for everyone! We suggest renting the salon for extra space.
18. Can we use candles? No but, you can use flameless candles that operate on a small battery that lasts for hours and never need relit. Our insurance policy prohibits any type of open flame including fireworks, BBQ smokers, firepits, heaters, on-site cooking, sparklers etc. Your event insurance will not cover these types of situations either and the event could be shut down due to fire code violations.
19. Do you have wifi? Due to security issues, we do not offer free wifi. Most everyone seems to have a smartphone with hotspot enabled on their devices.
20. We want a winter wedding. Can we use heaters in the barn.
The barn and outdoor areas are weather permitting. Your package was discounted to reflect this.
Heaters are not allowed in the barn/pavilion. Please do not book the venue in anticipation of setting up any type of heaters. The pavilion is a barn like wooden structure with a wooden floor.
21. Are you easy to find? Absolutely! We are located close to town and close to amenities.
22. Do you have places for us to take wedding pictures? Check out our website For tons of ideas. We have numerous photo props as well as landscaping and backgrounds to capture those special moments. You're going to look stunning!
23. Do I need a rehearsal?
We are finding more and more brides are eliminating the rehearsal tradition. Trying to schedule everyone to meet at a certain time and day is stressful along with the added expense of the rehearsal dinner. Couples today are becoming more creative and incorporating a rehearsal into the morning of their event. We love the brunch idea. Mimosas or juice, coffee and pastries are served before everyone starts decorating. It's like a party before the party.
24. Can I rent the venue for my rehearsal dinner?
If you're interested, we have a rehearsal package which gives you 3 hours of ballroom rental to meet and greet, cocktails or have dinner. It's available Monday through Wednesday. 299.00.
25. Do you allow alcohol?
You are welcome to bring alcohol. We do not serve or sell it but, you can serve it to your guests.
26. Something came up and I need to cancel
Our contract has a "No Refund" clause. Your event insurance will be the one to refund your money if you need to cancel. They will refund all of your deposits and and even help if you've lost your rings or damaged your dress.
27. When is my next payment due?
The payment schedule was included in your contract when you booked the venue. You can also find it in your quote and in your invoice. Because all of this is in your paperwork when you booked, the system does not send out nag reminders. Your wedding planner should have these dates in her notes as well.
28. How do I make a payment?
At the bottom of your invoice, you'll find the mailing instructions as well as online links if you'd like to make a payment electronically. Allow mailing and processing times for payments to post. A 50.00 late fee/reinstatement fee will apply for late payments.
29. How good is your cell phone reception?
We are in a great area of town and have excellent coverage by all major carriers.
30. What are your hours?
Our business hours are Monday through Wednesday 10am til 4pm. If you need to reach us during your event, you will be provided a contact number in your door code email. If you need to visit the venue, please RSVP to an "Open House". Please do not drop in as we may have maintenance, weddings and other events scheduled and wouldn't want you to walk in during someone's elopement, shower or rehearsal.
31. What are Open Houses?
As an event facility, we hold many events through the week as well as weekends. Open houses are scheduled periodically for our hosts to bring their wedding planner or other professionals to come view the venue. A list of open houses can be found in your online planner. RSVP to the open houses so we know you're coming. Open houses are cancelled if there are no RSVP's.
32. Do you allow pets?
The fee is 200.00 if you'd like to include your furry friend. Fur babies must be on a leash and tethered and under control at all times. The fee pays for a staff member to be onsite in case of damages, complaints from guests and to pick up poo. We've had a number of complaints from guests about pets unleashed, jumping on people, barking etc. Pets get nervous and unpredictable in large crowds with loud music. If the security cameras detect an animal at the event unleashed, then a staff member will be onsite for the remainder of the event for security purposes
33. What is the damage escrow for?
When you booked your date, you paid the venue 300.00 to be used for damages or incurred expenses. The venue uses the fee to pay for any damages from you, your guests or your vendors. If there is anything remaining, the venue will send it to you.